South County Hospital Maternity Services
401 789-0661, Center for Women's Health - Obstetrics & Gynecology
South County Hospital's Center for Women and Newborn Care Unit, located in Washington (South) County, offers you the highest quality maternity care in an environment designed with your privacy and comfort in mind. Our expert board certified obstetricians and highly experienced labor and delivery nurses provide a comfortable, family-centered experience.
Your baby's birth should be a singular experience. For the whole family.
Private Suites, Personalized Care
Our comfortable, private suites for your labor, delivery and postpartum recovery include on-suite bathrooms. Your room is furnished to allow a loved one to spend the night, and share our signature Stork Meal. For a tour, call 401 788-1225.
State-of-the-Art Obstetrical Services
The Center for Women's Health-Obstetrics & Gynecology's physicians and midwives have more than 100 years combined experience and have delivered more than 10,500 babies.
- Our Women & Newborn Care Unit offers you state of the art, private labor-deliver-recovery-postpartum suites and is staffed by experienced, caring obstetrical nurses.
- An experienced obstetrical nurse stays with you through labor and delivery.
- Maternity services at South County Hospital in Rhode Island have a long tradition of excellence.
- First in Rhode Island to earn the prestigious Baby-Friendly designation from The World Health Organization.
- Ranked among top hospitals nationally for maternity practices in infant nutrition and care by the Centers for Disease Control
Childbirth Education - now online, too!
2015 Schedule of Childbirth Education Programs
South County Hospital's comprehensive childbirth education program addresses your evolving needs through your pregnancy and after the birth of your baby. Our classes are led by certified childbirth educators and are scheduled for your convenience. For information, call 401 792-2229 or 401 788-1225.
Online Class: Our new online course covers everything you need to know, but you can take the course at your convenience at home (or anywhere else you have access to a computer and the Internet). Sign up for our online course.
Our Lactation Services include consultations with certified lactation consultants, classes, and an information line at 401 788-1226.
New Moms' Club
The Hospital's New Moms' Club offers southern Rhode Island mothers of newborns the opportunity to socialize and learn in a casual setting. Led by a certified childbirth educator and an experienced OB nurse, the New Moms Club offers answers to your questions about feeding, baby sleeplessness, colic, parental sleep deprivation, postpartum stress and more. The group meets:
- Every Tuesday, from 10:00 a.m. to noon at the Potter Conference Center (at South County Hospital).
- First Friday of the month at the North Kingstown Library from 2-4 p.m. (100 Boone St., main level meeting room). 2015 meeting dates: June 5, July 3, Sept. 4, Oct. 2, Nov. 6, Dec. 4 (no meeting in August)
| The little faces of the New Moms' Club. Photo taken by club member.
The Maternity Services at South County Hospital were the first in Rhode Island to receive the prestigious Baby-Friendly™ designation from The World Health Organization for the promotion and support of breast-feeding. Hospitals are awarded the Baby-Friendly™ designation only after a rigorous, independent evaluation -- one more reason you can be assured that you are choosing a hospital that's dedicated to the best care for you and your baby.
Center for Women's Health
The South County Hospital Center for Women's Health is dedicated to providing patient-centered, comprehensive women's healthcare for every stage of your life. Our OB/GYN physicians are members of the medical staff at South County Hospital. For information or to schedule an appointment, call 401 789-0661. For your convenience, the Center for Women's Health has offices in Wakefield, East Greenwich, Westerly, and Charlestown.